December 6, 2013

Tatting and Kumihimo Floral Necklace

Hi All - yes - I am still around - I have been very busy in the studio - especially with the run into Christmas.
At the Beginning of November I attended a 3 day workshop with Jane Atkinson from Dorset, UK - It was great fun. Jane had been tutoring around Australia - I had met her 4 weeks previously at the National Australian Lace Guild AGM week in Sydney, where she was teaching - I couldn't attend her class there as I was a teacher too! but I took the opportunity when she was here in Perth. During the weeks between Sydney and her arrival in Perth - I made her a set of Jewellery which matched her clothing that she had been wearing during the conference week - It comprises of a Kumihimo braid and Tatted leaves and Flowers and of course some beads! :)
I had made myself a set in Greens and oranges which matched one of my outfits that I wore during the conference week - and Jane had commented on it.
I hope she enjoys wearing her own set :)

1 comment:

Sally Kerson said...

Stunning! I love the colours and the boldness of the necklace and earrings - thank you for your comment on my blog which is how I found you!