June 27, 2011

Hi from London

Hi All - just had first 6 days of our UK holiday - in London - not too much of the crafty stuff as yet - Did admire jewels at the Tower of London last Thursday. On Friday we met my crafty blog mate Pat (Hi Pat) at the V&A and did get to have a look at some of the jewellery there - Went to Portobello Markets on Saturday - and bought an antique wooden "Transferware" egg - with tiny thread holder/needlecase inside (no thimble but I have a silver one I can pop in it when I get home) and also from same stall I got an antique carved bone needle case and at a different stall 2 antique bone bobbins :-) In the afternoon we went to the British Museum and went around the Egyptian rooms - you know I am a sucker for all things Ancient Egyptian... LOL and also saw jewellery rooms and bought a fab book for 20 pounds ($30 Aus ) called 7000 years of Jewellery with info and photos of the jewellery we had seen at the museum - great day out LOL :-) Will be great for inspiration...This afternoon we travel by train up to Carlisle where we collect a car and drive down to Windermere in the Lake District for 6 nights- hope to find plenty of crafty stuff there including a trip to Farfield Mill at Sedburgh where there are artists in residence - then up to Scotland for 3 nights in Edinburgh - will let you know if I find any yummy crafty stuff hehe :-)

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi, I'm glad you found a jewellry book and I look forward to seeing pictures of your needle case.