March 2, 2007

Tree of Life Quilt





Here are a couple of shots of my "Tree of Life" quilt which I did during my City & Guilds... it took 98 hours ... it was one of the assessment pieces which you have to work as if a commission - so time had to be logged as well as costs etc.... the quilting stitches were done with a variety of my hand dyed threads ..... I was breaking out of the zone on this one as I never work in orange colours.... The background was "blow painted!" that was fun though I ended up with an headache from the lack of oxygen haha! The silhouette's of the trees were done by tearing a sheet of paper ... as a stencil then the ol' blow painting again...

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I enjoyed my visit to your blog, the work is wonderful and If only I could hop ove to Oz for the day I would take one of your wire lace classes. the jewellery is fantastic.
Thanks for your comments on SerenTex.

Rowan said...

I love this!! I did a tree of life piece too! Mine was all in greens though. I didn't realise, you are an aussie and a teacher! Me too!