August 30, 2007

Needlecase Collection

Hi
I have been soooooooooooooo busy the last week or so ... all the preparations for the workshop I am teaching at the Australian Lace Guild in 3 and a half weeks are coming to a crescendo! ... I have spent the last 4 days winding Enamel Coated Copper coloured Wire onto small reels, selecting beads and putting "findings" into little "kit" bags for the students who are participating .... those doing the 2 day workshop will make one or other of the 2 sets of jewellery (See first blog entry for last February) or if they are doing the 4 day workshop and are very industrious!!! they can have a go at both designs! I have also been varnishing around 180 bobbins and still have a batch of about 50 to start varnishing! Here is a pic which I took at the Lace Day back in June and forgot was in the camera .. the display for the meeting was "Needlecases" (I started collecting needlecases just over 5 years ago) ...these are the fabric ones made by me and various luvly friends and I will post a pic in a couple of days of some of the cases which are made from wood, bone, metal etc...... If you click on the pic you can see more detail ....(Pat do you recognise yours? :D)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, those are indeed nice! Such a variety!

You really need to add one more ASAP, you have thirteen, and that is bad luck.


DO do DO do........The NEEDLECASE ZONE......

Pat said...

I cetainly do and am so proud to be there and amazed to think I have been "on show" so far away. How exciting. I hope people read this and help your collection grow. Good luck with all your bobbins.