December 5, 2007

Napkin Lace Challenge





HI All
I have been here just lurking and looking on everyone else's blog's most nights.... I have been very remiss in not taking any pics with the camera hence not actually putting any posts on here... I have been tidying my studio the last couple of days! uh oh! ...long way to go yet ...trying to down size ... I have 2 bags of rubbish already... that's just paper!
Here are a few pics of the Napkin Challenge which I did during the middle part of this year .... The Australian Lace Guild challenged us to design and make lace based on the "dotty" designs on Paper Napkins..... you can see my napkin on the display sheet bottom centre ... with the biro markings on it! ... I made two items ... one in Bobbin Lace and one in Needlelace ...Both of which have just recently been entered in the local Annual Wanneroo Agricultural Show (2 weeks ago) in which I won 1st in "Bobbin lace - edged item" and 1st in "Any other Lace" for the needlelace one! Everyone who participated in the Guild Challenge had their pieces put in a book available through the Aus Lace Guild .... and there are 40 different Designs/patterns by 19 different Lacemakers! ...Those of us who entered were given a complimentary copy of the book which was luvly! The only thing was that I didn't realise that they were gonna be publishing them and so I hadn't named them ... Our magazine Editor named them "A Free Interpretation" which I never would have thought of .... my names for them were "Icicle" for the bobbin lace and "Tutti Frutti" for the Needlelace! But she had a dead line to work to and I was away down in Albany on the long Lace weekend...


No comments: