August 16, 2008

Wild Woman Brooch 1
















Hi All - I am still busy watching the Olympics and enjoying it all thoroughly ... just watched our Aussie guys win 2 gold medals and a SIlver in some of the rowing - still waiting on the men's 8 rowing race later .... Here are a couple of pics of a Wild Woman brooch I made ...I made 5 ..this was the first one which I fell in love with and have kept haha! I will be wearing it at the AUstralian Lace Guild AGM week in 5 weeks time... She is hand needle felted and I have added some of my tatting ... funky hair haha!
I couln't find anything to use for feet in the local shops and ended up making leather boots (I make my own leather thimbles so always have leather scraps in the studio) I liked the boots so much that I made some ankle boots for one of the others, another pair of knee boots on another one and the last two had little leather feet with stitching added to look like "thongs" (not the underwear sort! but what we here in Aus call "Flip Flop shoes!) You will get to see pics of these in following posts. I haven't yet received my WIld Women in the post ...waiting with batited breath... though I know one of mine has gone to live in South Australia with Penny
All my Wild Women were based on statues in a book I have on Inca's - the faces I made using thin metal and an old biro!
...Thanks to those of you who take the time to leave a little comment for me on previous posts ... I love getting them... though I am still yet to get more than 5 (which was my New Year's Resolution! hehe) well now I am off to have dinner and watch the TV ...

4 comments:

Jane said...

This is fantastic, I love it. So much fun

Unknown said...

What a fun way to use your tatting.

Genie said...

Love The Wild Woman, they are fun to make.

artisbliss said...

Love the wild woman. Not just anybody could add their own handmade lace to their ww!