January 24, 2009

Cooper's Quilt
















Hi All - Here are a couple of pics of the little quilt which I made for my best friend's Grandson, Cooper (Born Oct 21 2008) This was his "first Xmas" pressie .... I am currently busy sorting wire and beads for the kits for my students ... for the Wire Lace workshop I am teaching in Adelaide in mid April ..... as well as getting back to Lace bobbin painting ...a few orders which I received over Xmas but which the ladies who had ordered them kindly said they would wait for them as I had the family visiting from UK. No excuses now not to get on with them haha! So today I was painting Emporer Penguins and Humpback whales (A friend wanted these to commemorate a trip to the Antarctic ...lucky thing) ...there were actually 3 different friends around Australia that I know who were all going on an Antarctic cruise (each on different ones though! hehe). I have also started working again on my Triennial Competition piece (it's been on the "back burner" for about 4 months!) I can't say any more about it as it is all "Secret Squirrel stuff" until the competition Sept 27th! LOL! - In my Embroidery group we are making each other "Wild Women" Brooches as Birthday gifts for this year so I must get organised as the first B'day is Feb 1st !!!! ... the next after that will be April 2 then it is my B'day so don't need to worry about that one but then another one of the Stitchety's has a B'day on April 27th! (Only 6 ladies in the group and 3 Birthdays in April haha! It's a great month what can I say??? LOL) ...I will of course post pics of them on here ...as and when they are done.....

1 comment:

Jane said...

This is a gorgeous quilt. I am sure it will be treasured for many years