November 11, 2010

Coloured Bobbin Lace






























Hi All - I have a very busy first couple of weeks of November - madly preparing for my stall at the WA Branch of the Australian Lace Guild "Cattern's Day Fair" in 2 weeks time .... and also son's 18th Birthday which was all a great success! phew! I do have some new crafty pics but haven't had time to load them onto the computer so here are a couple of pics from last year's UK trip - I went to an "Old Mill" gallery up in Cumbria and on the stairway between levels I discovered this display of traditional and non traditional bobbin lace - fabulous display - a couple of pics here show some of it and also the detail plaque and the last pic is the river outside the mill. Love the colours in the lace :-)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love those pieces of lace, and the river running over the mossy stones is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your new pics when you've time to load them.

Heather said...

It's me again! Good luck with your tidying - it's a horrendous job and seems to take forever, but so lovely when you've done it.