March 24, 2012
Textile projects from a photo part 2
First photo shows backgrounds - 3 cream cotton fabric pieces and a pre-dyed (orange and yellow!) piece of silk scarf painted with fabric paints and "Lumiere's" .... the next pic shows a version of the photo enlargement - done with hand felting (single needle - very therapeutic haha) using wool and silk tops on a blue Duster cloth (Hi Pat hehe - yep - still using those you sent me a few years ago :D) since this pic was taken - I have started to embellish the "rocks" with tiny beads....The "bits" on the left are coloured (and opened out) "Paper String" ... which you will see in a future blog entry as I have used them on one of the painted cream material backgrounds ......Then an interpretation using "Angelina fibres" -and in the 3rd pic you can see the black material version which was made by using a piece of polystyrene foam (like meat trays - though this was actually a "corn on the cob" tray from Woollies!) I flipped the image and used an old biro to emboss the design into the polystyrene (learnt to do this in a workshop last August with the lovely Sherrill Kahn from USA - then Lumiere paints were sponged onto it and then it was "stamped" onto the plain black fabric ......more to come as to what this ended up being :D - Geez - I'm such a tease LOL! haha
(Oh and Hi to my lace making and embroidery mate Gillian B - who I caught up with today at the WA Lace Day and so sweetly told me how much she enjoys following my blog - yay! there's at least 2 people out there who read it - Hi to Christie too :D) ... stay tuned for more .....
(and if this is the first time you've visited my blog the photo used as reference is in the previous entry to this one :D)