April 15, 2008
I had a busy end of last week preparing for the Wire Bobbin Lace Workshop over the weekend which went really well ... I had 9 diligent students who all progressed well. The weather was beautiful 28°c on Saturday and 30°c on Sunday though we were in doors working we we had the door open and we were able to sit outside amongst the Gum trees at lunchtime in the warm sun to the accompaniment
of the birds... I did manage to fit in (at the end of last week) the beginning of the ATC's in the pic.... and I finished them off this afternoon as they are for swapping at the Monthly Western Australian Lace Guild "Lace Day" on Friday. Th top two were made using some old fabric I was given a couple of weeks ago (grotty print but fairly textural) which I painted with Lumiére paints, added some "grass" long stitches and some little tatted "Flowers" and also beads and sequins. The next 2 are crazy patch with some more of my tatting - including the butterfly (love doing these ... they are so quick!).... then the bottom two are velvet with shiny butterflies (I bought a bag with lots of these in in 5 different colourways) and also with tatting and sequins. I am part way through making some more of these 3 series as there is to be a swap at the Australian Lace Guild Conference in Brisbane at the end of September.