Whilst tidying the studio the last few days I took the opportunity to photograph some of the pieces which I did when I was doing my City & Guilds Embroidery Stage 1 a few years ago.This piece was an excersise in experimental applique based on a photograph which I had taken of my Mum's house in the UK when it had scaffolding all over it ... hence the silver ribbon representing the scaffold poles .... the turquoise was from the waterproof tarps which were spread around. I used "satins" and some opalescent sheer fabric and machine stitched randomly. I had fun in the studio today painting Tyvek, nappy liners, some bought lace which I was given, Duster felt (Yes, Pat from the ones you sent), tea bag fabric, white fleecy fabric and Vilene ...some of these are for the Play Day a week on Friday so I have tken some before shots and will take some after ones ... whether they work out or not !! haha! The paints I used were the little bottles Dye-n-flow, Lumieres and Jacquard paint.